Estimated time to complete (text + video): 1hr 22min
Greenhouses for Small Farmers
As a small farmer just starting out, a greenhouse can be a rather intimidating investment – not just because cost, but also because it involves a lot of decision-making which can impact your ability to grow crops efficiently.
The good news is, we’re on a mission to make this a stress-free process for you by giving you solutions to some of your most urgent questions and concerns about greenhouses. This course is for any small farmer, or anyone for that matter, that is interested in learning more about greenhouses.
On June 9th, 2016 we held a live webinar with the greenhouse experts at Stuppy Greenhouse Mfg. on “Greenhouses for Small Farmers.” Now we’re bringing the webinar recording to you as an official Upstart University course!
In this course:
- How to think about energy inputs vs. high R-value coverings
- How to do the economic analysis
- How to cool in hot, humid environments
- How geographical location change the greenhouse you need
- Where you should spend your money. Where you should save it
- What zoning issues you run into
- What utility hook-ups usually cost
- How you should place a greenhouse on a piece of property
- How small growers think about the right structure to invest in
- How small structures differ from larger ones
- What a 5-year structure look like compared to a 20-year structure
- The difference between engineered and non-engineered structures
- and more!
This course is taught by Neil Devaney and Ryan Willcott of Stuppy Greenhouse Mfg. They are an excellent resource for greenhouse design, manufacturing, construction, and even education. If you’re looking to build a greenhouse, they’re worth checking out!
Want to learn on the go?
Get the downloadable text PDF of this course here for just $2.99!