Estimated time to complete (text + video): 6hr 28min
Growing hydroponically (or in other words “without soil”) is an incredibly productive modern farming technique. By using a substrate and a nutrient enriched solution, you’re able to produce healthy, flavorful plants, in a highly controlled way and with much less water than traditional agriculture. As concern over water availability and sustainability grow, hydroponics has become an increasingly popular growing technique for new farmers (urban and rural)!
Just about anything can grow hydroponically, if you know what you’re doing. The goal of this course is to teach you exactly how to start and run a successful hydroponic farm. In order to grow hydroponically, you must learn to monitor and control system factors like EC, pH, source water quality, temperature, filtration, sanitation, sterilization, and plant needs – all of which will be covered in this course!
In this course, you will:
- Discover the origins of hydroponics
- Learn about all hydroponic system types
- Hydroponic nutrient management
- Hydroponic system layouts and plumbing
- The best crops for hydroponics
This course is taught entirely by Dr. Nate Storey.
Want to learn on the go?
- Lesson 1: What is Hydroponics? 1hr 51min
- Lesson 2: Management of Hydroponic Systems 1hr 3min
- Lesson 3: Hydroponic Nutrient Management 1hr 32min
- Lesson 4: The Nuts & Bolts of Hydroponics 49min
- Lesson 5: Plant Materials 1hr 13min