Estimated time to complete (text + video): 2hrs
Finding Farm Funding
Getting the funds together for your first farm can be a daunting task because there are so many places to start looking. So how do other Upstart Farmers do it? Crowdfunding? Loans? Independent savings? Luckily, we are here to help!
Truth is, there are plenty of funding options out there for Upstart Farmers – you just have to know which option you want to pursue and what information you’ll need. This course is designed for anyone who has decided to not only start an Upstart farm but has planned their farm and decided on the size of farm they would like to start. The next challenge that is encountered is finding farm funding. This course will go through several of your best options for finding farm funding.
In this course, you will:
- Organize prerequisite documents for funding
- Explore options to organically scale or self-fund your business
- Learn the basics of crowdfunding
- Discover USDA microloans for farmers
- Identify potential grant opportunities for your farm.
This course is taught by Elesif Smith and Chris Michael of Bright Agrotech, with guest lessons by Carey Martin, an Upstart Farmer at Still Growing Farm.
Finding farm funding can be tough! For some extra tips on how to do it and do it well check out our Ultimate Guide to Starting a Farm!
Want to learn on the go?
Get the downloadable text PDF of this course here for just $3.99!
- Lesson 1: Pre-requisites for Funding 16min
- Lesson 2: Cash and Self-funding 15min 45sec
- Lesson 3: Crowdfunding 18min 30sec
- Lesson 4: Loans 25min 30sec
- Lesson 5: Grants and Other Options 16min 30sec