This ebook contains only the text portion of the following course and is designed to be used in conjunction with course video in Upstart University. Not a member? Sign up here.
How to be everyone’s favorite stand at the farmers’ market
Farmers’ market are one of the most popular markets for starting farmers, for a variety of reasons – they’re relatively easy to access, they present a high-demand, high-margin opportunity, their customers are a prime group for fresh, local products, and they are a great way to introduce your farm to other sales opportunities beyond the market.
Unfortunately, farmers’ markets also present many challenges like high competition, fluctuating demand, susceptibility to weather, and high labor, when not approached strategically. And in this course that’s what we’re here to help you work through!
If you follow the advice presented in this course, you’ll soon be everyone’s favorite stand at the farmers’ market.
What you’ll learn
In this course, you’ll learn the steps of getting accepted into a competitive farmers’ market and then how to make a good, lasting impression once you’re in. This includes how to impress not only all of the customers at the market, but also your market manager and even your fellow vendors.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to apply for and get accepted into competitive farmers’ markets
- How to create a positive relationship with the market manager
- How to be a good neighbor and vendor (this is more important than you may think!)
- How to visit and research farmers’ markets
- How to market your farm stand before, during, and after the market
- Booth layouts and strategies to minimize labor and maximize sales
- Extra tips for dealing with challenges, identifying opportunities, and taking care of market responsibilities (like attending meetings)
Download this course PDF now!
Check out our Ultimate Guide to Starting a Farm to learn more about how to get to the point where you can actually start selling at the farmers’ market.