This ebook contains only the text portion of the following course and is designed to be used in conjunction with course video in Upstart University. Not a member? Sign up here.
Farm to Food Truck: A unique business model for farmers
Starting out small? Want to have a successful farming business, but maintain flexibility? Looking for a creative way to serve your market? Then the farm to food truck model might be for you.
As a hydroponic or aquaponic farmer, some of your biggest decisions relate to how you’ll grow your produce, how you’ll sell it, and to what market. In essence, this is your business model.
The farm to food truck model offers many benefits to small farmers including higher margins with less food waste, a flexible lifestyle and hours, markets with less risk, the ability to bootstrap and scale over time, and a high return-on-investment even if you decide to sell one portion of the business at some point.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
This course is designed for anyone interested in starting a food truck or adding one to an already existing business. By the end of this course, you’ll know whether or not farm to food truck is a good business model for your personal and business goals and your market, what to expect for weekly labor and maintenance, and how to get started and succeed with it. In this course you’ll learn the following about the farm to food truck model:
- The pros & cons of the farm to food truck model
- Requirements for starting a farm to food truck business
- For whom, where & when this model works
- Choosing to run it solo, as a partnership, or as a larger business
- Insurance, permitting, food safety, and other regulations
- Engaging with customers, choosing your spots wisely, dealing with events, and other tips & tricks
- BONUS: The Kratky hydroponic method & build tutorial
Download this course now!